Thursday, February 9, 2012

This means war

Yep, just like good ole Carmen said/sang in the hit of the 80's, or 90's, I just know its been around for some time now!

Yesterday was a tough day. I found God's grace, and then found some more yuckity among myself. Thankfully I have some friends that know how to call junk out of me and stand strong when I can't...

But this morning I had a thought... We ARE at war. We DO have an enemy. And I CANNOT give up, or even take a day off, because I grow weary. WHERE would we be if the soldiers from battles past would have done that? Would we be living in a free country with such a privileged life? Doubtful. So it is my responsibility, my calling to fight ruthlessly to the end so that years ahead of me will call on MY FATHER freely.

The lie Satan tells us is that one day, one day of rest (aka: ignoring our call to be intentional and intimate with Daddy) will not effect our walk. Or worse yet, that we deserve some time off. But God actively pursues us and how terrible it would be if He did that on His side of our relationship. Let us not grow weary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment