I didn't get a good before of this window. I wanted something faint written on it. After doing some thinking I decided I wanted it to say "yes Lord". But I wasn't planning on cleaning it up and making it look sparkly new so I wanted the words to look worn. I ended up using just a little white paint and blotting it in the stencil. On the carpet it was pretty bold, but I fell IN LOVE with it on the wall. So subtle.
You know I'm not on pinterest but several of the blogs I check out are and I heard about making flower pendants with old ties. Chad's work is old school- they still wear ties and suits. I LOVE shopping for ties but sometimes the ones I find at my cheapy places are too short so now I have something I can do with them! I found an easy 1,2,3 blog on it. It took about 5 minutes. SCORE!
Kade's room has been bright orange for about 3 years. After talking with a friend about her updating her sons room I began toying with the idea. I'd wanted to do a shade of gray and was THRILLED to find this mis-tint at Lowe's on clearance for $10. It definitely grew the place up.
JD's room was actually painted this bright green BEFORE we had kids in the house! it was time to update his room as well. His mis-tint is a little darker than Kade's room. Also costing me $10.The conclusion of the boys rooms means I have painted everything in this house except our room/bath and the laundry room in about 8 months. We've never lived in a house long enough to have round 2 of painting rooms!!!
looks fantastic! great work!
ReplyDeleteLook at you Ms. Crafty!!
ReplyDelete