My mind is behind my age. When I was 24 I was wondering why the 17 year old in Burger King (okay, not BK because homegirl doesn't eat there) wasn't checking me out. But sometimes, you just sit in the midst of your life and think "here I am, all grown up."
2 Friday nights ago I sat with friends I've had for 4 years. We decided to stay in, drink wine, and wear fat clothes. There, in my favorite stretchy pants, on my couch I had this moment, where I stopped and thought about the beauty in such simpleness. Being with 3 of my friends, where life has spread us out, and just being together. I loved the giggling. I love that these girls know my history, my baggage, the story of my life and so I don't get caught up with back stories...But best of all I loved that it is okay-no expected- of us all to be ourselves! Isn't it wonderful to be wanted just as you are!!!
Girls, and you know who you are, I treasure you!
No comments:
Post a Comment