Saturday, October 9, 2010

All in a day

Today I ran my THIRD half marathon. The weather was awesome! The course was pretty in a west Texas kind of way. I had my very best time ever--I took 15 minutes of last years half time! Chad showed up with the boys at mile 11 cheering out of the truck "go mommy go!" And they ran the last quarter of a mile in. Here is me afterward. Not only was this my best race ever but I've felt my very best ever through the day. I listed some of the songs that I use to keep me putting one foot in front of the other. I REALLY love Jesus, but to kick it up a notch sometimes a girl needs a little booty music! :)
Beat It
Emotions
Gives You Hell
Hey, Soul Sister
Hot N Cold
I Gotta Feeling
Ice Ice Baby
Let's Get It Started
My First Kiss
My Life Would Suck Without You
Naughty Girl
Say Hey
So What
Sober

Next it was time for Chad to have his long run in preparation for the half we are doing at the end of the month. So we went and cheered Chad on around mile 7 and waited for his arrival time to let the boys run it in with him.


We also loaded up some toys the boys had outgrown and took to my brothers house so they could have fun with them. The boys used their muscles to help load it all!

We finished our day here. Its not that often we splurge on an expensive restaurant eat for all four of us, but with 25 miles ran between Chad and I we thought it would be a great place to eat back all of those calories!


And now its time for a steaming hot bath, icy hot, and beddie time.

4 comments:

  1. way to go!! about to start training for my second. i LOVE reading about your family and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and can i just say you look like a complete hottie! ;) and you're doing another one next month. what in the world?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not sure about your playlist. it wouldn't motivate me!

    but OG would!

    ReplyDelete