This morning as we all sat down for breakfast JD spotted a lizard. As all daddy's know how to, Chad caught it. I'm glad we keep disposable cups around! As Chad walked to set it free in the backyard I asked JD if he'd like to take it to school. So we put some clear wrap-with breathing holes cut out-on the top sealed with a rubber band. I said we should name him and Kade came up with Buggy.
So off JD went with Buggy to school while Kade dreamed of this new found pet being "all he's ever wanted." (That is a direct quote Kade throws out often, particularly when opening presents). JD said that the kids at school thought it was cool, his teacher sat it on her desk, and he got to sleep with Buggy during rest time. I'm not sure what all that entails but he seemed happy and healthy so no worries...
I was actually hoping JD wouldn't come home with Buggy. That Mrs. M was so happy with the class pet she'd wanta keep him for herself. No such luck. So after a few goodbyes (yes, I heard JD say "bye Buggy") the boys released him into the wilderness of our backyard.
Buggy is still sitting on top of Truman's dog house. I'm thinking Buggy may have seen better days. This may call for more daddy duty (aka: flicking him off the doghouse as to not crush the boys dreams that Buggy is living on forever).
here lizard lizard! i remember keeping frogs in jars and such... those poor unfortunate animals we used to trap!
ReplyDeletep.s. "buggy" is such a cute lizard name... even if he's a lizard and not a bug!