Sunday, October 24, 2010

Its the freakin weekend gonna have me some fun!

This weekend was a fun filled 2.5 days! Chad left work early so that he and JD could get on the road. JD was going to do his first triathlon! While JD had some bonding time with his daddy Kade and I hit up Chickfila and a high school foot ball game with some friends. We ate too much, stayed up WAY past our bed time(when was the last time this girl saw 2:00 a.m. I. don't. know.) , and snuggled in bed on a rainy Saturday morning.

To say JD was excited about his triathlon would be an understatement. The boy was THRILLED! After seeing his daddy complete a ton of these he was glad to get a chance at it. He was so excited on the drive to DFW that after a million questions he said "I don't know why I keep asking you questions I know the answer to".

They started with an early rise Saturday morning, around 5:45 a.m. JD asked Chad "daddy, why do your eyes hurt so bad when you wake up in the middle of the night?" After a long line to get set up it was time. JD swam his little heart out (25 meter pool) and was off to his transition area. Next up was the bike. JD had a mile to ride and within the first 1/3 of a mile he got a flat. Chad didn't bring stuff to fix it (if you know Chad at all this is surprising) but when he asked JD if he wanted him to carry the bike JD said "no this it the bike part". Such the rule follower! Because Chad is an awesome dad he ran hunched over JD the entire mile as JD had a hard time steering with the flat tire.

Last came the run. JD has shown to be a solid runner. He is determined and a self motivator! Towards the end of the 1/3 mile run a girl ran up and said "I bet I'm faster than you!" and JD would have none of it. He tucked his chin down and ran with all of his might beating the trash talker!!!

We are so proud of JD's accomplishment! I love that this was something HE wanted to do and did his very best. When he called to tell me about it he said the swim was his favorite part and that he "got a medal because I did my best!" Which is what we ask of him. Love that boy!

1 comment:

  1. thats so great! i love that part too that he said, "got a medal because I did my best!" that's so awesome! so proud of him too!

    ReplyDelete