Its my least favorite F word. I find it offensive. In fact, I remember not liking it as a kid but I must admit, even I used it.
Fundraiser.
Yep. JD brought home a fundraiser. He really bought into the sales pitch. Its to help the school raise money and we get prizes! Poor kid, doesn't know what he is really getting roped into, what he is asking of his parents.
These are wrong on so many levels. I may sound like a grump (or like my dad) but really I'd rather send $20 to the school directly and give JD his own pizza party. Word on the street is the kids that make a certain amount of sales get to go to a pizza party. If you don't, too bad. How uncool is that? Maybe my kid is too cool to raise your funds.
There is no "fun" in "fundraising". I may start calling it pooraising. Whose with me!?!? :)
Wow, that title really got me.
ReplyDeleteYou can tell his teacher that we all spend enough through taxes for him to go to school.
AGREED! Anti-fundraising!!! My kids were so mad at me when I chunked the packet in the trash. Don't even get me started...
ReplyDeleteI'm with you!!!!
ReplyDeletewe were never allowed to do fundraisers for school because our parents hated them so much. i'm on your side.
ReplyDeleteamen! we got ours this week as well.
ReplyDeleteWe hate fundraisers, too. We're all for the "here's 20 bucks" and call it good. : )
ReplyDelete