Monday, October 4, 2010

Receiving

Receiving is hard to do. I'm sure some of you can relate to the feeling that taking something someone offers or gives seems needy, codependent, or just awkward. I know I can struggle with worth and think that the value of _____ is too worthy of me receiving it.

Recently the Lord has been changing my heart to want to be more giving. Yep, I'll admit it- I'm selfish. I never grew up thinking about how to give to others. Even as a kid I wanted to know who was getting the last chicken nugget. Maybe I always worried I'd be forgotten... Anyway, one of the lessons I'm learning in giving is there is joy in sharing with others. It is delightful to bring a touch of sunshine to others!

This last week my sweet friend Teara brought me sunshine (and might possibly have saved my marriage!) by offering us her car while mine is being repaired. It was awkward expressing the need, it was strange receiving such a large gesture, but it also feels superb to have friends that trust us with their car! That love us enough to sacrifice! So thanks Teara not really for the car- but for the heart felt gesture, the kind heart you displayed gave me a glimpse into how God feels about me. And THAT is amazing! love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are more than welcome! I had no doubt in my mind that Coby the Cobalt would be in great hands. I hope he treats you well. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete